Ethos and Values
Our school motto is
‘Moving forward with faith in learning’.
At St Thomas' CE Primary Academy we are committed to providing a caring, friendly and safe environment for all of our pupils so they can learn in a secure and relaxed atmosphere. We believe every pupil should be able to participate in all school activities in an enjoyable and safe environment and be protected from harm. This is the responsibility of every adult employed by, or invited to deliver services at, St Thomas' CE Primary Academy. We recognise our responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all our pupils by protecting then from physical, sexual or emotional abuse, neglect and bullying.
Our School Ethos:
At Kilnhurst St Thomas' Primary Academy we are committed to providing a caring, inclusive and safe environment for all our children so they can learn and thrive. We are proud of the positive, friendly atmosphere in school, which is often commented on by visitors in school. We are committed to high quality teaching and learning, as well as providing a wide range of rich opportunities to support children’s personal, social and academic development.
We are committed to providing a service to our students who are recognised as the most important group within the school community. Staff will demonstrate due consideration and respect for their students. Students' rights to voice opinions will be recognised and staff will work with students to deal with their concerns. When dealing with difficult situations we will seek to resolve problems by mediation, respecting the feelings of all involved.
The school will continue to develop its existing positive links with the local community and promote civic pride in its achievements and reputation.
We want every child to be successful; to reach for success from the very first day they join us so when they leave us, they have a love of learning for the rest of their lives.
Our Christian Vision:
Jesus said ‘I have come that you may have life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10). He calls us to a full life in mind, body, heart and spirit.
At St Thomas’, our vision is to work together as a Christian community to love and nurture our children within a happy, stimulating, safe and caring school. A place where the Christian values of Compassion, Friendship, Trust, Respect, Perseverance and Community are at our heart of all we do.
Please click on the link below for further information about our Christian Values.
Summary of the theological rationale of Kilnhurst St Thomas' C of E Primary Academy.
- Children are valued as individuals created in the image of God and loved by God;
- School is a place of nurture and care and an environment in which children will be loved, safe and secure;
- Our education environment will be creative and stimulating and we will follow the way of Christ the teacher, drawing learners into the joy of learning;
- Our family walks together on our learning journey.
Our school welcomes all
(Created by Worship Council September 2021)
Bless our school,
Where we are loved, safe and secure.
Always caring and sharing.
May we be valued as individuals on our learning journey,
And continue to walk together in the image of God.
Our School Aims:
At Kilnhurst St Thomas' C of E Primary Academy, we aim to:
- Build Christian values into the ethos and teaching, developing our pupils a sympathetic understanding and respect for all faiths, cultures and protected characteristic groups;
- Motivate and engage children through an inspiring and rich curriculum dedicated to developing confident, knowledgeable and resilient learners who can achieve the best possible outcomes both in school and in their wider lives.
- Enrich children’s lives by fostering strong and welcoming partnerships between school, parents, church and the wider community.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment where staff know children and their families well, thus enabling them to flourish, feel loved and cared for.
- Foster a culture of high aspiration where children recognise their own self-worth and have knowledge of the wider opportunities available to them, both now and in the future.
- Encourage every learner to embrace the love of reading.