Our school motto is ‘Moving forward with faith in learning’. Everything we do in school is underpinned by this vision and the aim that our school will provide an education which is rooted in providing opportunities to nurture the spiritual development of each child in a caring atmosphere that demonstrates and advocates the Christian values and attitudes that underpin the foundation and ethos of the school.
Our Christian Values identified for this academic year are:
Summary of the theological rationale of Kilnhurst St Thomas' CofE Primary Academy.
- Children are valued as individuals created in the image of God and loved by God
- School is a place of nurture and care and an environment in which children will be loved, safe and secure
- Our education environment will be creative and stimulating and we will follow the way of Christ the teacher, drawing learners into the joy of learning
- Our family walks together on our learning journey
NB Please see separate link for full rationale
DSAT Improvement Mission:
- To create and sustain challenging, stimulating, nurturing and exciting learning experiences where all children achieve well and are keen to learn.
- To deliver excellent teaching and learning for all pupils every day.
- To offer an inclusive framework for education that opens for our children “life in all its fullness”.
- To empower leadership at all levels to drive improvements so that school is aspirational and improves to its next level of performance.