Key Priorities for 2018-2019 from Data Analysis and Other Identified Areas for Development in School
Priority 1 - Leadership, Management and Collaboration
To ensure all children experience "good or better" teaching, all of the time
· Improve the % good and outstanding teaching and learning through clearly defined pedagogy
· Continue to improve outcomes for pupil premium pupils
Priority 2 - 1. Teaching, learning & attainment
To improve reading and writing progress and attainment, across the school
· To implement Read, Write Inc scheme of work in Y1 (continuing in FS2)
· To embed the systems linked to Cracking Comprehensions SOW
· To implement Novel Study building on Reciprocal reading strategies.
· To use the Novel Study approach to ensure a consistent approach to writing across school
· To implement Read, Write Inc Spelling scheme of work in Y2 - Y6
· To implement the teaching of Grammar - to lead into writing. (Y2-6)
· Provide other opportunities to promote reading and writing
Priority 3 - 1. Teaching, learning & attainment
To improve progress and attainment in mathematics across the school
· To implement Abacus mathematics scheme of work in Y1 - Y6 (opportunities for FS2 also)
· Improve children's reasoning skills
· Improve fluency fitness
Priority 4. Pupil attitudes, engagement and welfare
To improve promote and support personal development, behaviour, mental health and the welfare for all.
· To improve attendance figures so that we are in line with or above the school targets of 96.1%
· To improve the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyle
· To monitor and review safeguarding policy in line with updates from Children in Education 2018 and to inform Governors through audit
· Further develop the knowledge within school of Safeguarding issues and the procedures that must be followed by all staff
· To allow the children to be fully aware of the key principles of the British Values.
· To allow the children to reflect on these values.
· To improve the awareness of the British values by the parents and children
· To improve and support the mental health needs of vulnerable learners.
· To improve and support the mental health needs of staff.
If you wish to know more information regarding any of these areas please contact Mrs Sherwood